Monday, October 14, 2013

My Wal-mart trip for 10/14/13

Here is what bought today at Wal-mart, mind you I bought these things in Lima, Ohio before leaving with a visit with my father-in-law; however, the price should be available here in Chicago, Illinois as well let me know if they are not.

Rachel Ray Nutrish dog food, $1.88 Use 9/8S,$2.50/1 meant $.62 overage each (total overage was $1.86)
2 10+2 ct Schick basic disposable razors, $1.97. Use 10/6S, $3.00/1 meant $1.03 overage each (total overage was $2.06)

With the $3.92 overage I bought
1 Enfamil Tri-Vi-Sol vitamins for infants $2 (on clearance from $8.97)
1 Soothie $3.74

Total pre-tax out of pocket was $1.82 for $22.29 (an 82% saving)




Obtained from and for more deals check out Mashup Mom

4 comments:

  1. I used the $3 razor coupon at walmart and the register didnt take it. Which walmart do you go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This trip I did was in Lima, Ohio while I was visiting my in-laws. However, I had seen on other blogs that people were reporting similar problems with the coupon not scanning. My coupons did not initially scan. I asked nicely that the cashier read the coupons and then she manually entered the value of the coupons with no problems. When this happens anywhere I ask the cashier to read the coupons usually they will enter the coupon with no problem if not I ask for the supervisor and they usually have them enter it.

      Delete
  2. Good to know. I told the cashier that the coupon said any razor and she replied that it needed to match the picture. I know that was not true, but didn't insist. Perhaps I'll try again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to get the cashier to read the wording if not ask for their supervisor they know the picture means nothings. There is nothing wrong with insisting especially when you are doing good couponing.

      Delete